Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Friday, December 7, 2012

The Baby Question

Every new couple hears this question: When Are you going to have a baby?

They're probably going to hear it even more now that Prince William and Kate Middleton are pregnant with their first child.

It's hard not to succumb to the underlying suggestion in that question. There are new moms everywhere:  Jessica Simpson just had baby and is reportedly going back for more. E! correspondent Giuliana Ranic is a now a mother after overcoming breast cancer. My favorite twins Tia and Tamera Mowry are both mothers. Beyonce is a fly mommy. Even Jersey Shore's Snookie is a new mom.

I know, Lord willing, that children will be in our future but how soon should that future be?

I talked to my bestie Shannon to get some much needed perspective. Shannon is a stay-at-home mom and knows about the pressure to be a mother. Even after three beautiful daughters, people ask her about a fourth child!

Shannon loves being at home because it gives her the time to cater her children's individual needs. Some days it is stressful but she enjoys being there for them.

Children are truly gifts from God: They are emotionally vulnerable and desperate for love. My conversation with Shannon made me realize that when David and I have children, I want to have the energy and the flexibility of time to be a loving mother.

This means David and I have some planning to do!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig