Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, July 18, 2013

Am I a Good Wife?




This is a screen shot of an image found here: http://sharonscrapbook.blogspot.com/2009/05/professional-homemaker.html
As you know, I have be absent from this blog for a while. I've missed writing to you all but I had to take a break to adjust to my new school schedule. I am currently back in school learning about TV news and sports reporting.

Adding broadcasting school to my schedule has taught me a key lesson in team work - things don't have to be perfect to work.

Working together as a team to plan meals, coordinate traveling schedules, and time departures from home, work and school has been essential since we have one car, four-five jobs and school two times a week.

But juggling things as a team has meant that our home life looks (A LOT) different from the standard portrayed on TV, magazines and Pinterest: the portrait of a organized wife who is a great cook, lives in a perfectly designed home that is always clean and has everything under control in spite of having a busy career and whose husband can relax or enjoy other activities because he doesn't have lift a finger in his prefect home.

I wanted to become that kind of wife after the wedding but my classes at the Broadcast Institute of Maryland -- of which I'm happy to be enrolled in -- has made those dreams nearly impossible.




I don't know if I'm a good cook because my husband does most, if not all, of the cooking during the week.  As for transforming the bachelor pad, I have little time or money to take on that task. I am not organized, and I often clean late at night or on the weekends.

To be honest, I often felt conflicted about how my marriage looks compared to those  in the media. A conversation with classmates about cooking even left me wondering, am I a good wife?

I took this question to my husband and he assured me out that he was OK taken extra duties around the house because he supports my efforts and wants me to succeed.

That's when I realized being part of team means sacrificing my selfish desire for perfection in order to do what works for our team. Right now our unorthodox approach to balancing things works for us and that's all that matters.

In fact our schedule is going even more hectic come fall when I'll be in school 4 times a week! I'm just thankful I am off for the summer but  keep us in your prayers come fall.


Share: How does your home life deviate from the picture perfect life protrayed everywhere?
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig