Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, July 13, 2014

A New Addition to the Family!

After a lot of discussion and planning, I am happy to introduce the newest member of the Samuel-Saenz family!




Two weeks ago the hubby and I adopted a dog from the Baltimore Humane Society. He met this adorable jack russell terrier mix first and fell in love. How could he not? Look at that cute face!

I know some of you may be disappointed that our new addition is not a baby, but after a week I have to say, I see a lot of parallels.

Some mothers say they want to have a baby so someone will love them but once their children are born, expectations change. I wanted a dog for the companionship. When I told my mother-in-law about Miko she said our life was going to change.

She is was right.

I've learned that there is a lot more to dog ownership than playing fetch.

The first night was tough! We put Miko in the bathroom because we weren't sure if he was housetrained or not. He whined, scratched and barked all night long! The next morning I was sure that we had scarred him for life.

Fortunately we get better at taking care of Miko everyday. We got him some great toys -- a little stuffed teddy bear, a plastic ball, a treat puzzle and of course the Kong!

After reading the adoption papers, we learned he slept in his previous owner's bedroom. Now he sleeps on the floor in our room. No more barking or whining at night.

HE NAPPED IN HIS CRATE -- TWICE! (huge)  

He sits on command now!


There are still specialty goods to buy and check-ups and trainings to attend.

But like new parents, everyday I am in awe of our new addition. He's got a lot of personality, energy and is already so loyal!



Can you tell them apart?





Do you have a pet in your family? What was it like adding a pet into your family? Share your pet parent stories below.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig