Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, January 27, 2014

Surviving The Monday Morning Freak Out

A wave of dread washes over you the moment your alarm clock goes off. It's Monday morning and you feel nowhere near ready for work, school, or life for that matter. The result is a grumpy, self-absorbed version of yourself that that is miserable and wishes others to feel the same so at least you're not alone; a version of you that sees all of the bad and none of the good.


Welcome to the Monday Morning Freak Out.

Borrowed from this Forbes article.

It is the easiest thing in the world stay in this state of mind and gather as much sympathy as you can, but trust me, you really don't want to because 1. No one wants to hear you whine (everyone has problems) 2. You will be embarrassed by your behavior later. 

So here are some tips help you snap out of it:

-Hum an Encouraging Song. Mine this morning are "How Great Thou Art" and "Victory is Mine." (Yea, I needed two this morning.)

-Talk to Someone: You want to go to someone who is supportive yet not afraid to tell you things you don't want hear... like your expectations are too high or maybe you need to better manage your time. (Both things my husband told me this morning.)

-Consult Your Victory Log: I got this idea from Marjorie Ingall's fun yet insightful article about balance. It's a running list of things you achieved in the course of day. Every day, (or more like when I remember) I jot down some things I accomplished. My log consists of emails sent, keys found, and kind words said. When I'm down, reading or adding to this list reminds that I am not a total failure.

-Change Your To-Do List: Try a more attainable list like this one:



-Breathe and Get On With Your Day: At some point, you have to give yourself a good, swift kick in the pants.



Liked this article? Email subscribe so you can read my blogs as soon as their posted!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig