Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Redeeming The To-Do List



Every weekend is a chance to catch up on my to-do list of laundry loads, upstairs and downstairs cleaning, homework and the like.


Yet every Monday I feel totally unprepared for the week.
(photo:http://www.deliveringhappiness.com/the-unhappiness-antidote-the-anti-todo-list/)


Although he probably was not talking about the never-ending to-do list, Paul's words about the human condition still seem apt.

I definitely want to complete the items enumerated on that list. But circumstance, opportunities and unexpected events often prevent me from completing every single task.

The end result is undoubtedly frustration.


I  was really feeling that frustration yesterday when found this "REAL" to-do list on my desk.




Thanks Jenn Saenz for this office gift!


The Real To-Do List 

Sing.
Smile at Strangers.
Keep learning.
Notice kindness.
Eat Ice cream.
Hope.
Count your blessings.
Laugh
Love.
Love some more.



My favorite item on the list is counting my many blessings. Although I still haven't figured out how to redeem my time on the weekends, I have a forgiving Lord who showers me with mercy and grace.

The least I can do is redeem my to-do list.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig