Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Motivation: Don't Be Afraid to Put Yourself Out There

Sometimes when you put yourself out there, you learn from from your faults.



One of the hardest things in the world for me to do is to open up and ask for help.

Maybe it is the "superwoman",  I-can-do-it-all-by-myself complex; maybe it's because sometimes church folks are pressured to fake it until you make it. (Totally not true by the way. David and Job, both of whom experienced many hardships, were not ashamed to be seen crying out to God for help or mourning their losses.) But I often struggle to reach out to others because it feels like I am too vulnerable or exposed to criticism, condemnation or rejection.




When I do call on others, I feel like I am admitting failure.

In the past I've suffered in silence because of this mindset. I am learning that it doesn't have to be that way as I embrace my present journey to find my career niche and put my talents to good use.

I am not a open book, but I've been trying with my blog and conversations with others to be more forthcoming and social. I've found people have been surprisingly supportive and giving as I've talked to friends, family and other journalists about my pursuits.

I want to encourage anyone who is reading this, don't be afraid to put yourself out there. It feels a little painful at first. (Trust, I know.) But it is worth it to discover a community of people who are going through the same things or have gone through similar struggles and found a way to thrive.

How have you struggled to put yourself out? What scares you? How have you seen a risk you've made rewarded? Share in the comment section below.


This post is also featured the What Joy is Mine blog's Monday Musings link-up
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig