Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Working through Adversity- Monday

One of my favorite business-minded women is the Virtuous Woman. The women that all the men want to make their wife, she is resourceful, industrious,and diverse in her endeavors. She seems so perfect and her good works look effortless. But a closer look at her description tells a different story.

Proverbs 31 v 13 to 15 says, "She seeks wool and flax, and willingly works with her hands. She brings her food from afar. She also rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and a portion for her maidservants". It goes on in verse 21, "She is not afraid of snow for her household..."

Working with your hands? waking before sun rise? working in the dark? Working in the snow? Those are all hard things. These are comparable to some of the hardships that we single, business-minded women face in real late. Working on your feet. Waking up early. Working late. Working on deadline.

So why work so hard? Well for one, God honors he work a hard worker. In verse 25, the Virtuous Women is honored for her hard labor. "Strength and honor are her clothing. She shall rejoice in time to come."

Two, school work, house work, work on the job, just like everything else we do in this world, should be done well so that "In all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ," says 1 Peter 4 v 11.


During Your Lunch Time, Read: Proverbs 31 v 13 to 31, 1 Peter 4 v 10, 11

After Reading, Meditate on This: Am I really working my hardest on the job or am I coasting? Can others see that I am a person of honor by the work that I do? Am I glorifying God at my workplace? What can I do to make sure my work brings honor to God similar to how the Virtuous Women bring honor to her husband?

If you have read this and you do not have a personal relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ the Son, honoring God starts not on your job but in your heart. You see, bond servants, (workers) obedient to employees and working their hardest for Christ's sake, do it from the heart (Ephesians 6 v 5, 6). But first you must have accepted him in your heart as lord and savior.
Get down on your knees and pray this prayer:
God, I am sinner who has lived a life that has not honored you but my own desires. I would now like to exchange that life for one that puts you first. I acknowledge that Your son, Jesus Christ, is the only way to that life. I accept Him now and ask for full forgiveness of my sins. Thank you in the name of Jesus, Amen.
SHARE:

1 comment

stephaniesamuel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blogger Template by pipdig