Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Improving Wintertime Health with Vitamin-Rich Tonics



As I love warm weather, I also enjoy the change to cooler weather it means warm sweaters, chic boots, and comfort foods like banana bread. It also means flu season, seasonal sluggishness and lots of eating.

This season I'm stepping up my health game with tonics and vitamin supplements.




Growing up, my parents use many homeopathic remedies to treat our coughs and colds. They also treated themselves with various tonics. As we got older, my parents insisted we take them too.





My memories of taking tonics were of how nasty they tasted. But now I realize that I never got the flu as a child and my colds' didn't last as long. I also never really had pimples even with teenage hormones.

Who can argue with those kind of results?

So one weekend I made a trip to the store where my parents bought all their remedies and picked up the two tonics I remembered most: Cod Liver Oil and Ferroll Compound.

The latter tastes as nasty as I remembered, but it also has 10 percent of the daily value of Iron. (This is important since I am anemic.) It also has plenty of Vitamins A, B, and D.

The Cod Liver Oil has Omega 3 which good for the skin, hair, and nails.


I'm excited to see how my health, appearance and energy level improves!


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig