Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, July 14, 2016

This Bible Verse Will Put Your Vacation in Perspective





My husband and I recently spent time at Dallas' Four Season Las Colinas golf resort to celebrate my in-laws' 45 anniversary. When we arrived, the luxury of its villas, spa, golf course, and pool was a welcomed surprise. Another surprise, we did not have to pay a dime for anything; David's family took care of everything. They picked the lush resort for their celebration and gifted us a room and several amenities. The whole thing was unreal.

I was thankful, but also guilty about enjoying such extravagance. 


After a day of golfing and laying by the pool, I read a passage from Psalms that really helped me better appreciate the break from reality and my current circumstances. Here it is.



Psalm 36:7-10 New Living Translation (NLT)

7  How precious is your unfailing love, O God! All humanity finds shelter
    in the shadow of your wings.

8  You feed them from the abundance of your own house,
    letting them drink from your river of delights.

9  For you are the fountain of life,
    the light by which we see.

10  Pour out your unfailing love on those who love you;
give justice to those with honest hearts.

Sadly there has been a ton of sickness in my family lately.  In May my grandmother passed away from bone cancer. Another family member, an uncle, was in the hospital receiving treatment for stage 4 prostate cancer at the time of the trip. (He died the week following the vacation.) A second uncle was also hospitalized at the time of the trip.

Additionally my husband is facing some uncertainty with his career. #teacherlife

In the midst of all that I've been fretting more than praying. 

These verses put to rest my anxieties about my family as well as my guilt about enjoying such an amazing vacation because it reminded me of how unwavering God is when I am in trouble. It reminded me that when I pray and cast my cares on Him, He give me such peace. 

Usually I thought of peace as being a state of mental clarity. However God was giving me peace in my surroundings. 

At the lush Las Colinas resort, my husband and I had a beautiful view from the room and access to many relaxing activities. On our own, we could never have afforded this treat. And yet at a time when we were feeling pretty low, we were being showered with such pleasures and abundance. I can't explain it except to say God has truly shown us his unfailing love.



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig