Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, January 13, 2019

Getting Rid of Clutter for the New Year

             When my space is cluttered, it's hard for me to get motivated or concentrate. So in the New Year when you are trying to achieve big things, it seems like a perfect time to de-clutter.

             I don't wear a ton of makeup,  but I enjoy buying it because I love color.
Honestly there are a lot of items that I haven't worn so I decided to start there.


Lipsticks, Lip Glosses





The funny thing is many of things I ended up tossing were products I knew I hated but held onto. For instance some of the Jeffree Star summer liquid lipsticks. I love "Watermelon Soda" and "Virginity." 
But "Nude Beach" and "714" is a bit difficult to work with, and "Queen Bee" is just not even an option. I think in 2019 I will toss or return items I don't like right away. 

Similarly, there were things that I got excited about in the store, but when I got home, it didn't work the way I though it would.

One time I got this frosted lip gloss that I thought was cool. But every time I tried to wear it, it wouldn't apply right. It was really upsetting me! I started looking at the tube and realized that it actually eye shadow! The applicator and everything looked like just lip gloss.

Eye Shadows



I also dumped a lot of what I call "starter" makeup. Eye shadows are a little intimidating to me. So I decided to start with Ulta palettes because the range of colors and how little it costed.

I would say to anyone just getting into eye makeup, just get MAC shadows or pick a palette from a name brand. The Ulta palettes I tried had poor color pay-offs or no payoff at all. Even with setting spray and eye shadow bases. 

Speaking of eye shadow bases, I also threw out a white eye shadow base by NYX. If you're looking for a good eye shadow primer, I recommend MAC Paint Pot in "Painterly." I also like Benefit's Air Patrol BB Eyelid Primer.



I would also warn against palette with a lot of hype around them. I got this honey peanut butter palette from Too Face, and there was like one color in there I ended up using. So that had to go.

Honorable Mentions 

I also threw out some products that I love. The Nivea lip butter, the Milani Blush and Cover FX concealer are great products. But the lip butter and concealer were pretty old. The blush I could have held onto for a little longer. The shade -- I can't remember the name -- is a perfect dupe to Benefit's Galafornia. But putting the two side-by-side, I felt the Milani blush was a little too orange and heavy compared to Galifonia. 


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig