Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

My Favorite Love Verses



I'm not sure why, but I'm feeling pretty sentimental this Valentine's Day. Maybe it's because we're so close to celebrating our tenth anniversary. 

The last eight years have filled with ups and downs just as our wedding vows promised. But through it all we've been able to laugh, talk and sing our way through it all.

In honor of our continuing journey, here are two verses from our wedding ceremony.


Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken."

 I like this verse because it speaks to the practical side of marriage.  Life offers a lot challenges, and it's good to have someone on your side.  We are stronger together than we are apart.

1 Corinthians 13:4-5
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."

Here's another powerful verse that was read at our wedding. Even now it is a great reminder of how to deal with our everyday life together.  Don't get me wrong, I will always speak my mind and give my honest opinions.  But I'm reminded to be kind with my words and not to react to every little thing. 


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig