Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, October 22, 2012

Dreaming Up Arguments

Starting today, I'm going to make an effort to blog everyday for 100 days. The goal is to find inspiration in everyday life.

Sunday the minister talked about thinking pure thoughts. "So a man thinks in his heart so is he."

The "heart" refers to our emotional center where we decide how we feel about things. If we think negatively, soon it will be spilling out of our mouths and in our actions.

This got me wondering about how I think of my relationship. When things are great, it is easy to think positively about my marriage and my husband. But when the work week is a stressful one or we are butting heads, it's easy to pick each other apart in our heads.

My specialty is keeping the argument going on my head. I always win the argument in my head!

Plus, it's not a big deal as long as we make up before the day is done, right?

Well, not if the devious David I've dreamed up in my head makes me doubt the devoted husband that I do have the next day. (My, that was a lot of Ds!)

Ironically, I am more than willing to acknowledge my husband's many good attributes once I'm done fuming. So in that way, thinking positively about my husband and marriage is not about being idealistic, naive or blindly optimistic. It is about remaining mindful of the wonderful things that pulled us together in the first place.

This week I am challenging myself to think pure and lovely thoughts about my relationship. Hopefully the outcome will be a fresh and joyful union for many years to come!



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig