Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, November 2, 2015

Baltimore's Best Dressed Sale and Boutique - The City's Best Thrifting Event of the Year



Last weekend I went to the Woman's Board of Johns Hopkins University's Best Dressed Sale and was blown away by the amazing deals on luxury brand clothing and accessories.


Just a little background about the sale, it is an annual event that spans three days. The clothes featured in the sale are a mix of new items donated from local retailers such Nordstroms and Jos. A. Banks and lightly used garments and accessories from some of Baltimore upper crust. 


The first day of the sale is a mixer of sorts. You can enjoy wine and hor d'oeuvres while you shop.
Yes, those are real fur coats.
The second day used to offer shoppers a 25 percent discount. I heard this is no longer the case ;( The last day is a 50 percent off fire sale for all items. I believe that a portion of the proceeds go charity, but don't quote me.

David and I have been going for three or four years now. Obviously we go on the second and third days.Every year there are great deals and finds but this year was probably the best year in terms of selection.



First off there were so many beautiful coats!



This vintage Givenchy coat was $45!


Then the shoes!!! There are always boxes of new shoes from Nordstrom. However this year they had Kate Spade and Badgley Mischka. Best of all they all cost $75 Friday and Saturday, and $40 on Sunday.





Also this sale is perfect place to buy bridal gowns at a 10th of the price of a new gown. (The most expensive gown was $150.) I wish I had know that when I was planning my wedding. :(





There is plenty of shopping for the men too! This is one of few times David really buys a lot of clothing.

These are bins of brand new Jos. A. Bank shirts and ties all for $5.

He got some really nice jackets. He also held my bag. Thanks Hun!!!!
As for my experience, this trip I was obsessed with St. John. A month ago I got a St. John Collection Dress at Savers thrift store for $9.99, and I wanted a St. John cardigan to go with it.


Go to Snapchat to see what I got for myself. Trust, I got the good stuff!

Take a picture of this icon in Snapchat to add me.
I snap every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.









SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig