Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Hope in the Midst of Hardship: Look on the Positive

Hello Ladies!

I slipped in a little mention in Monday's blog about personal praise. Praise comes up a lot in Psalms 71. Clearly the Psalmist who wrote Psalms 71 thought hope and praise were related. However, for busy single, business-minded women like us that might not always feel true.


You can HOPE for a job that better recognizes your abilities and rewards you accordingly (and fairly) but have no PRAISE for your current one.

You can HOPE for better credit so that you can finance your dreams but have no PRAISE when you open your wallet and see moths fly out.

You can HOPE for that promotion that will allow you to take hold of the reins and call the shots but, again, have no PRAISE for you current position at the bottom of the food chain.


I got it, believe me I do. And I know that there's nothing more self-indulgent than a good pity party. But I've noticed, and maybe you have too, that the mood afterwards is not a positive one. How can you be hopeful when you just mentally bashed every thing and one around you?

The Psalmist was presumably facing hard times as he wrote because he made several references in Psalms 71 about adversaries and enemies. Yet in verse 22, he said, "With the lute, I will praise you and your faithfulness, O my God! To you, I will sing with the Harp, O Holy One of Israel." What?!

You see, hope flows from a positive mind. Hope in God flows from a mind that can readily recall all the ways that He has come through in the past. Tuesday morning I took my own advise to heart and had a personal praise session. I was surprised how many things that I could thank God for that happened in the last week. I was just so used to the same ole', same ole' that I had been missing out on God's thoughts.

"'For I know the thoughts that I think towards you,' says the Lord. 'Thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29 v 11. Another translation says, "I know the plans that I have for you...plans of good not evil"

Don't miss out! Look on the positive. Then have a personal praise session with God.

During Your Lunch Time, Read: Psalms 71 v 19-24

After Reading, Meditate on This: Those verses were just to get you started. Think about about what great things God has done for you. Then get started praising.

If you have read this and you do not have a personal relationship with God the Father through Jesus Christ the Son, don't miss out! God has blessed you to be able to read this message today. Why not start your own personal relationship with Him today and learn from Him what peaceful thoughts and good plans He has for you.

Get in a quiet place and pray the prayer at the bottom of the last post.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig