Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Happy Weight

David and I became a couple through our bonding time at restaurants, dinner parties and homemade meals. Now that we are married, I've discovered a new perk - or should I say side effect - of our bonding meals. It's called happy weight- weight gained because you're spending so much time with your honey.

I had so much fun that I didn't notice any changes until people began to say "You've gained weight." (They usually say something nice after that observation but some how it doesn't soften the blow of the G W-phrase.) Also, I have had to get rid of a lot of clothes that I love but can't wear anymore. 
It has been a different experience because my weight has not changed significantly since high school. I managed to avoid the Freshman 15 in college and continued to wear a lot of the clothes I bought for myself in high school well after college. So I had never really thought seriously about weight or diet before.

I regularly ate home. Yes, I splurged on junk food when I wanted. But I also had a smaller appetite and an active lifestyle.

Truthfully it's depressing to discover your pants don't fit. But I know that change is a part of life and change can be good. After living with my parents until 27, I live in a new city that I love. I have a different and better job than I did four, five years ago. Last but certainly not least, I have a wonderful guy who is married to me. (I still can't believe it!)

I am blessed.




SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig