Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So Happy I Could Dance

A couple posts ago I shared that being married has affected my weight. Lets face it, men have different eating habits then women. I mean men generally eat larger meals compared to women. I didn't notice that until my clothes stopped fitting and my friends began hinting about my weight.

It doesn't help that I don't move a lot during my work day. So I am trying to incorporate movement into my routine. This pursuit led me to adult ballet. 

I've already gone through the fall class and tonight I started the winter class. So far, I am pleased with the results: I've dropped two pants sizes to go from a size 8 to a size 6. 

Ballet tones the legs and hips. It also emphasizes graceful movement, posture and flexibility.


I am not the most flexible person nor am I the most graceful. But my patient instructor Fleur really eases my fears and my classmates are so fun to be around. 

Being in this class has motivated me to pay attention to my diet and exercise more. 

If you are reading this and are struggling to lose some unwanted weight or find ways to squeeze in exercise, I encourage you to find a fun class, be it Zumba, ballroom dancing, cycling or karate. Just find a fun and exciting way to change up your routine and start moving!

Keep up with my progress by viewing my ballet Pintrest page.

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig