Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, August 9, 2015

My Summer Favorites


I've tried a couple new products this summer that I absolutely love and can't believe I've lived so long without. Here are some of those products and why they are so amazing. 




A fresh manicure/ pedicure is a must during the summer. I like my polish to be just as sunny as weather. OPI's Strawberry Margarita is the perfect standby polish because it is a fun pink that looks great on my fingers and toes. 

Julep's Carolyn is a very versatile orange hue. It is bright enough to stand out during a night on the town with my girls and yet light enough to look graceful at a baby shower.

I like this sheen because it makes my summer 'do look shiny while adding a protective SPF layer to my hair.  


These bra converter clips are my summer must-have for all those cute racer back tees and dresses. Eventually I will get one of those expansive converter bras so I can wear anything I want but until then all I need are these clips and this next item...

This bra is a little pricey ($25 at Target) but it is perfect for those tricky dresses and tops. You know what I mean by "tricky." I'm referring to those backless maxis and halter tops that look flawless on the hanger but are impossible to wear.

If you're C cup like me, then there is no way you can step outside without a bra. This bra's adhesive cups and side tabs will keep you feeling secure while looking absolutely gorgeous. It also promises to get about 20 wears before the bra loses it's tackiness.


I like to wear minimal makeup during the summer time so these Convertible Colors are the ticket. This trio of colors can be used on the cheeks and lips, and can be applied with your fingers. 

I admit some colors are better than others: Lillium is a pale pink that looks great as a neutral lip color. But it is not a good blush for my skin tone. The other colors, Petunia and Hibiscus, are rosy pinks and more flexible so I can quickly get myself together and dash out the door.


While we're on the subject of makeup,  I love to look like a bronzed beauty during the summer months. Julep's Full Coverage Eyeshadow Duo in "Coconuts & Cabanas" and Glow Highlighting Powder in "Champagne" adds the perfect amount of shimmer.

When I want to look naturally radiant, I put Laura Mercier's Radiance Bronze Foundation Primer under my makeup. This stuff is not cheap, but it really does make my skin look like I just came back from a sunny resort. Also a little does go a long way.

After a long day I don't always feel like doing my three-step system to just to clean my face. Lush's Dark Angels face and body cleanser is quick and easy. This charcoal, black sugar and rhassoul mud cleanser with olive oil  removes dirt, exfoliate AND moisturize my skin all in one step. Also if I fall asleep in my makeup, I apply this cleanser as a masque to keep pimples away.



This lotion is probably my favorite product of the bunch. This In-Shower Body Lotion saves me an extra step and the embarrassment of ashy legs. I just put it on in the shower and it really does keep my skin moisturized and smooth all day long.


What are your favorite summer time products? Share in the comment section below. 


This post is featured here:

PinkSole


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig