Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, January 5, 2017

New Year, New Vision





I know there are ton of memes on IG making fun of the "New Year, new me" concept. Let's be honest, it IS a trite saying. But the reason people keep saying it is because there is some meaning there.

The New Year IS another chance to do something or be something new. But to do that, you have to have a road map of some kind. 
  
If you don't want to call it a "new me" or a "New Year's resolution," then call it ...




a new vision of the year ahead.  

Proverbs 29:18a says where there is no vision, the people perish or cast off restraint.

How can you achieve the discipline it takes to get ahead at work, or lose weight, or find a mate, you don't have guidance?

My first guidance is always the Bible. After that its my New Year's vision.

For the last two years, my vision has started with a new planner from Erin Condren. I found out about the Texas life planner company from another blogger. Then I did my research.









Three planners in, I am hooked.








Planning helps me make those specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, time-sensitive goals everyone talks about. (I truly hate the concept of S.M.A.R.T. goals. I low-key think it's just a bunch of baloney, but it actually works so...) 

Once I have the goals, the planner helps me focus on what I want to do each month, week, day, and push forward.

It's also a creative outlet. 



















To be clear, just because I make a goal doesn't mean I ALWAYS achieve that vision EXACTLY the way I planned it.

Proverbs 19:21, NIV says it best: "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."

But it gives me a general direction to go in. And when I get discouraged or fall behind, the planner makes it easy to get back on the wagon.

It also helps me see how God's has blessed me.

I really do recommend a planner. It doesn't have to be this particular brand. Target and Michael's sell some really nice planners. Just find one that works for you and stick with it.

If you like the EC planners and you want one, use my referral link to get $10 off the price. https://www.erincondren.com/referral/invite/stephaniesamuel0529
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig