Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, September 10, 2018

Help ... Why Is It So Hard to Find?




Asking for help... It's the hardest thing in the world.

It seems so innocent. But often times when you ask, people make you feel like you're a burden. Or worst, they think less of you and assume that you don't know what you're doing.

As much as we sing and brag about being independent or self made, the truth we need each other and we need God.

The days when I feel most down, most self conscious or inadequate, I realize....





 I've haven't asked God for His help.


Here's a little DIY project I've cooked to help me remember 
God's help is a waiting resource in my time of need.
Maybe it can help you too.



Instead I've been holding it all in trying to make others think I've got it all together. But really I'm filled with anger and resentment about how hard it all is ... being a good writer and line producer at work, being a good wife at home, being organized, eating right, exercising, doing my hair.

I think, why isn't anyone helping? Why do I have to do it all?

Job 36:13 says "Only the godless in heart harbor resentment... even when fetters chain them, they do not cry for help"

That's exactly how I feel in my Godless moments: like I'm chained up and even then, it takes a while for me to ask for help.

Here's what God's doing while we're struggling. Verse 16 of Job 36 says He is "wooing you from the jaws of distress to a spacious place free from restriction to the comfort of your table laden with choice food"

He's not judging you for admitting that you don't got it. He's not grumbling under his breathe about how you can't do your job.

God's actually waiting for you to come to Him so He can free you up from all the stress, all the hardship, all the pain of your day to day routine.

It all starts with a cry for help.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig