Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Thrift Haul: NYC Thrift, Vintage Store Trip

When every you go a thrift store and you never know find. That was definitely true during my trip to New York last month.










 Two weeks ago, a few friends and I traveled to New York's East Village to check out some of its thrift and vintage shops.

What a trip.

We check about four different stores starting with Goldwater Thriftique. It's a small curated thrift store. What I like about that place was how cheap every was. Another thing I liked was it's selection of jewelry.

I wanted out with to two sets of earrings.



















The circle earrings have tiny little rhinestones in them with images of the stars and moons. The hoops have a cool quilted pattern. The total for both earrings were $10.
.
After visiting a consignment shop across the street, we walked into Flamingos Vintage by the Pound.

There my friend Lydia found this cool belt.
To me, it just screams Wakanda. We both wanted it, but I ended up buying it for $7.
So we now have joint custody of the belt.

There was also a lot of cool coats in there. I l have low key been wanting a fur coat for a while now since I tried one on at the Best Dressed Sale two years ago.

At the time I thought, this isn't for me. But I've since been considering the possibility.

So when I found this coat on the rack, I was pretty excited. It's faux fur but it looks pretty great. The price was a bit tricky though.

The it was $12.99 by the pound. (This is the first time I had ever encountered this system.) Although the coat ended up being three pounds, the shop keeper wanted 45 dollars, I negotiated him down to 33 dollars.

From there we went to Buffalo Exchange.


There I found these cool FILA joggers. They were so cool, I couldn't say no.





The color and pattern remind me of a luxury handbag, and of course the brand is a 90s throwback --. two things I love. This was part of the FILA x OU collaboration monogram track pants and cost about $84. I got these for $20


I also found a knit dress shift dress that reminds me of a Rag and Bone Tweed dress My friends and I saw at a designer vintage shop called Tokyo 7.


Here's the designer dress:






And here's the dress I found at for $15.





The Rag and Bone Dress is a red, blue, black and white dress has a zipper closure and is rich with tweed texture. BTW did I mention that I LOVE tweed?

 While this Zara look alike is not on the same level quality wise, it has a similar color scheme and a black zipper that gives it the similar edge. And while there's no texture throughout, there's fringe at the bottom that's pretty cool. Plus it cost $105 less.

For more images from my New York trip, check out the archived stories on my IG page.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig