Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Sunday, August 2, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: 2020 is Halfway Over - Managing Expectations

This is a flashback to before the pandemic when I spent a lovely week in San Antonio. I hope can go back one day.



Congratulations you’ve made it half way through 2020. Unbelievable right? I don’t know about you, but this year is not at all like what I thought it would be. And you know what, that’s O.K.

For those reading this, I give you permission to get off track. This year is changing everything -- from how we dress, to how we work, to how we hang out with friends and family.

Sometime when we have plans or are planners, change can be very scary. Let me tell you. I had a vision board all made up so I really THOUGHT I knew what 2020 was going to be like.

Here’s some things I didn’t expect that happened.


-My husband lost his job.

-We lost our health insurance.

-We had to stop our fertility treatments.

-My laptop stopped working.

All of these changes felt like a gut punch. But strangely that last one really got me because when the shutdowns began I thought, well at least I can be productive with my blog and YouTube channel during this self-quarantine time. Then my laptop with my editing software and videos that I had already been working just died.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

Fortunately, when we entered Stage 2 of Maryland’s reopening, my husband found a local electronics shop that was accepting repair orders.

They successfully saved my documents, pictures and videos. But I had to repurchase my editing software.

Still change doesn’t have to be a bad thing. Here’s some good things that happened:

-David was able to pick up jobs through Amazon Flex and Uber Eats.

-I was able to switch to my job’s health insurance.

-I get to work from home 3 times a week. (This was actually a goal on my vision board!)

-I actually see my husband more. (We used to work opposite schedules.)

-I get to do some more home cooking and baking versus eating mostly frozen meals.

-I also got some home projects done

-I started reading my Bible a lot more.

If you are struggling to see how anything good could come from this time, here’s a great motivational sermon from Steven Furtick.




Since my church is still not meeting in person, I love watching Furtick’s videos on YouTube and Instagram. He’s the pastor of Elevation church and he reminds us that some of the best things in life are unscheduled.


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig