Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Secret Sauce: My Cranberry Relish Recipe


 On a normal Thanksgiving week, I'd be cooking up batches of my cranberry sauce for friends and family. But with the pandemic still raging,  we can't all meet up like we're used to.

That's why I'm sharing the recipe to my secret cranberry sauce right here for anyone interested in spicing up their home  celebration.

Homemade cranberry sauce is surprisingly easy to make: once all the ingredients are in the pot, you just have to let it boil down. My recipe is even easier because all you have to do is remember the number 2.


Ingredients:

1 orange

2 12 oz. bags of fresh cranberries

2 cups orange juice

2 cups of sugar

2 limes

2 pears

Aluminum foil to line the bottom of the stove 




Steps 

1.  Put aluminum foil under the burner so that any splatter during the boil process doesn't stain your stove top.

2. Core and cut pears into cubes.

3. In a large pot combine the pears, cranberries, orange juice and sugar.

4. Add the zest of the orange and the limes.

5. Add the juice of the limes to the post 

6. Boil until the cranberries have bust open and the sauce is a jam like consistency.




 


step 

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig