Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Monday, January 25, 2021

New Nail Look: Something Metallic, Something Nude

 

I'm back to painting my nails after a looong break. It's crazy that I was consistently painting my nails each week when my work schedule was hectic, but the moment it calmed down, I stopped. I think that's because doing my nail is a kind of pick me up that I crave when things are stressful.


I'm especially proud of this mani because it incorporates some of my favorite nudes for people of color. 



Most nude nail colors tend to be a variations of pale pink or stark white. Those colors are nice, but they don't read nude up against darker skin. 






OPI has some fabulous nude nail colors for people of color. I used two of them this look: Do You Take Lei Away?  is the base. I painted my entire nail in this creamy tan.



Then I laid down a triangle of my absolute favorite, Going My Way or Norway? -- a warm, teddy bear brown. 



Then I topped it with Essie Leggy Legend. It's a bronze metallic with lots of shine, and laid over Going My Way or Norway, it is especially chocolatey.



To finish the look, I added a diagonal stripe of Essie No Place Like Chrome right down the middle.

Find other nail color recommendations HEREHERE, and HERE.

 


















SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig