Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The First Christmas




          David and I encountered a brand new first in our new life as man and wife: our first Christmas together. Usually I don't spend much time decorating for Christmas. But since this Christmas has such loaded meaning, I decided put in a little extra care this holiday.

My first holiday deco trick was to make the bed up in red sheets and put some lipstick on the mirrors!




                       I also strung up garlands made of homemade flags and Christmas cards and placed framed "trees" and squares of Christmas-themed scrapbook paper around the house.







                     Then came the silly pictures and notes! Our pantry has a dry erase surface so I went to town drawing pictures of gifts, a Christmas tree, a snowman and a Santa that asks David a special question. I also wrote out lyrics from our favorite carols.


The fun part was I did this all while David was sleeping so he would wake to a Christmas Eve surprise. The look on his face made it worth it.

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!



SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig