Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, June 25, 2015

DIY Bridal Shower

Recently I had the pleasure of planning my sorority sister's bridal shower. I've known this woman for over 10 years and her strength have inspired me and so many others. So I knew we (the other bridesmaids and I) had to make this day special.



Because this party was for a good friend, I just had to put my special touch on things.






Well wishes for the bride!

The bride and groom's first initials.


One of my special touches was the guest gifts. It was a tea party so everyone left with custom tea lights packaged in colorful sackcloth party bags.



Although the shower had a tea party theme, we didn't take it too literally. So the tea lights were a cheeky twist on things.



These favors were easy to make and put together. 

For materials, you need tea lights set in either a metal or plastic pans (I got a bag of 100 candles at Ikea), Washi tapes in any color or pattern, a Sharpie and scissors 

The first thing to do is to select a tape to adhere to the bottom of the candle. Once you've done that, trace out the bottom of the light on the tape. 

Choose a Washi for the sides of the pan that matches or exceeds the width of the pan and carefully wrap the tape around the pan, making sure not to leave any creases or air pockets. Cut the tape to cover up the sides. 

Finally cut out the tape for the candle's bottom and affix it to the pan. For a polished look, trim off the edges.


Slip those candles in the party bags of your choice. I purchased mine at Michael's -- $3 for a two pack.




I stored my favors in a sackcloth basket I made out of a Columbian coffee bag, a shoe box and a chevron table clothe from the dollar store.

I plan to use this box around the house after the shower!


I made these gifts for a bridal shower but it can be used for any occasion such as a birthday or even just something to add some whimsy to your home decor.

What DIY projects have you completed lately? Share it in the comment section below.

Don't forget to email subscribe to this blog!

SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig