Living Joyfully Ever After Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Coronavirus Diary: Staying On Top the Mess



   


Nothing’s normal anymore thanks to the coronavirus. More people are working remotely and virtual learning for students of all ages is on the rise. The result: The whole family is at home making messes every where and eating you out of house and home.

Here’s a few inexpensive tools  that  I’ve found to help manage the mess.







    Right now my family is just my husband David,  my dog Miko and me of course. But that doesn't mean it’s clean. For one thing there's a lot more dishes piling up in the sink. I used to wash dishes by hand in the mornings, but now I'm literally throwing them in the dish washer for my own sanity.

Thank goodness for this handy new magnet that helps me figure out if the dishes inside are clean or dirty. I got it from Amazon for $10  It's kinda

pricey, but totally worth it to “gently” remind my husband to put his dishes straight in the washer. Also I now know when David has turned on the machine so I don't accidently put clean dishes in with dirty ones, and he doesn't accidently eat off a dirty plate.

   







I am also relying heavily on my iRobot vacuum. In fact, I've come to regard it affectionately as my right hand man. After all it's only one I tell to clean and it does so with no hesitation or talkback.

I got my Roomba a few years ago from QVC. Here's a similar model.



You would think there would be less laundry right now, but it's still overflowing as usual. I got two of these collapsible bins from Amazon because it looks better than just putting the dirty clothes on the floor. 

Speaking of laundry, I recently tested out some all natural detergent soda. Here's the video:






You see more of my stay-at-home struggles on my Instagram highlights under "COVID-19 Diary" https://www.instagram.com/stories/highlights/17847061946021902/


SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig